Why Solar? Why Now?
At Home Apartments has always been an industry leader in energy efficiency and conservation. By year end 2016 At Home had completed 14 rooftop solar installations and has contracted for six more rooftop solar installations to be installed in 2017. Collectively these solar gardens are rated at 780 KW, and will produce 950,000 Kilowatt Hours of electricity each year. And we’ve only just begun our scheduled installations.
The benefits include:
- 50,000 KW/hours of electricity – with a value of roughly $110,000.00 per year – is equivalent to burning 989,000 pounds of coal per year.
- Elimination of 1,425,000 pounds of carbon dioxide that would be emitted into the atmosphere by burning coal.
- Enough energy to power 71 homes for one year.
- Energy equivalent to driving 1,600,000 miles per year.
- Removing as much carbon from the atmosphere as 632 acres of forest.