In 2016 we took a bold step into solar thermal systems. A 148kW solar project was installed at CityVue Apartments in Eagan. (See video below.) The addition to the parking ramp roof was the largest investment in renewable energy at any multi-family housing site in Minnesota. We’ve installed more than 526kW on the roofs of garages and buildings at the price of over $1.6 million.
- Installing low flow shower heads and toilets
- Using LED lighting in building common areas
- Offering bike parking and storage
- Mounting photo eyes for all exterior and common area lights
- Using technologically advanced boilers for heating
- Providing Recycling Centers at all of our buildings
Going The Extra Mile...
Transportation and housing are the top two sources of CO2 emissions. Our industry is ripe with opportunity to play an important role in reducing emissions. This is why our urban properties are located near transportation hubs. And because we own our buildings, when replacing building materials we look for environmentally friendly and energy efficient upgrades like thermal paned windows and insulated white membrane roofs for maximum seasonal efficiency.